Monday, October 12, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like

Halloween!



Ok, so it might not really look a lot like Halloween around here, but I'm beginning to feel the time crunch!  So much to do, such excitement to share!!  I FINALLY got the 3rd Annual Halloween Party Invites created and posted the "event" to facebook and gave the kids each their own 25 invites to hand out to their friends and classmates, our costumes have been ordered and the first few goodies and prizes have been bought!  Whew!  AND one of the biggest hurdles has just about been topped- THE MUSTANG!!!  It's 99% done and will be making it's exit and debut trip home THIS weekend!!  (No offense to the Magneson's, but we're ready to bid it adieu! ~ As I'm sure you're ready to welcome it home!!)  So then, on to yard work... and tree cutting, and clearing and raking and more yard work...  Nothing T can't handle in a day... or two!?  But it's soooo worth it!  In the past 2 years, we've had incredible weather and turn outs and somehow we manage to throw it all together when we're never really sure how it'll be done!  50+ kids plus all of their parents and friends, a pot luck, crafts and games, a costume contest and S'MORES!  What could be better?!  LOL!

What could be better?!

How about a NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS WEDDING?!

ON HALLOWEEN!!!!

Nick and Jessica are getting married!  We're all very excited for this wedding!  Of course, many of us are shipping the little ones off for the night, for a night of adult entertainment, dining and dancing and Haunted Housing right across the street at The Edge of HELL!!!  How very cool is that?!

But that's not the only reason we're shipping off the kids....  I'm in charge of making the wedding cake!!  I've never made a wedding cake before in my life!!  So, I've become OBSESSED with the Ultimate Cake Off and Ace of Cakes, I've taken cake decorating and fondant classes and I'm still having nightmares and stressing out just a little bit about this!!  And I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about my cake topper?!  I've researched them and ordered one- STILL WAITING- apparently I missed the "being shipped from China" part... the SLOW boat from China?!  Time permitting and talent pending, what I'd really like to do, is make Jack & Sally (aka: the bride and groom) out of gum paste....  one can dream....

So, other than flavors and stacking and cooling and frosting and the ultimate "how to's," here are some of my inspirations:   (shhhh, don't tell, I have the ultimate say, so whatever happens, it will be a surprise!!)







Wish me luck... 



No comments: