Friday, July 20, 2007

I DID IT!

FINALLY!! Finally I shot the perfect macro picture!! I am so proud and excited!! After running around shooting virtual tours yesterday, hot and tired while waiting for the grill to heat up, I was checking my flowers and noticed this beautiful butterfly practically posing for the perfect picture! So, running to grab my camera out of my car, I thought what the heck, I'd try again... maybe one day I'd get a decent macro shot... Of course in my efforts to get close enough, hold the camera stable and zoom in close enough, I scared him away. Imagine that?! So I waited a few seconds (you know, I have NO patience!) then he came back and landed again. This time, he was a little higher overhead, but I just had to try. The first two shots were complete blurs as he fluttered a little, but heaven only knows how I finally got him, wings open and posing beautifully once again!! I just can't believe how great he turned out and with the perfect blurring of the background highlighting the use of the macro mode just that much more!! Yea me!

No comments: