Wednesday, March 26, 2008

An Easter Update

Well, there for a while, just a week before our 2nd Annual Olson Family Easter Egg Hunt, I serioulsy didn't know how we were going to pull it off. Heck, 2 weeks before the big day, my son came home from school sick- I figured it was just a 24/48 hour bug or something, but no, on day three, I finally took him to the doctor to find out it was STREP THROAT! That was Thursday- the following week was Spring Break- so two weeks of no school?! Crazy! Not only that, but my SIL was going to help out and take the kids for the weekend and then some, now that wasn't happening either?! But if I didn't think that was bad enough, I swear I felt a sinus infection coming on, so Friday, I too went to the doc.... but the meds just didn't cut it and when I couldn't for the life of me drag myself out of bed if the house would have been on fire or the Pope himself were coming to visit on Sunday and Monday too! I really thought my head would literally EXPLODE and life as I knew it would be over.... Thankfully though, we dug up some good meds and slowly saw signs of life and progress once again. An even bigger thanks goes to MOM! My miracle worker and a Saint in the making! Not only did she come and save the day, watch the kids and make sure I didn't curl up and dehydrate completely, but she helped me get things organized, dusted, cleaned and even filled more than her share of the eggs! Thanks again mom! And the kids too, another saving Grace came when my Blessed SIL met us in Eagleville to take the kids to play with their cousins for a few days! Whew! And what great fun they had too!

Then the day of the Party came!! Still unsure what the weather might bring, we couldn't have asked for much better! The sun came out and the people came in droves! And the mouths dropped as the kids hiked up the drive only to see a SEA OF EGGS everywhere they looked! I don't think anybody left unhappy or empty handed! Ok, so we had one little melt down, but nobody got hurt and the footprints on the roof of the minivan were easily wiped right off! We used to say "it's not a party until somebody spills a drink," now as parents we know "it's not a party until somebody throws a tantrum!"

Thanks again to everyone who came and helped and participated and just had a good 'ol time!

We do, We do!
Those aren't just leaves, if you look closely- you'll see each colorful spec is an egg!
FOUR THOUSAND EGGS! Filled one by one by one by one...
The kids had a blast exerting excess energy waiting for everyone to come...
Even some "big kids" (aka: Brian Baby Du Wa Du Wa Davis) were caught stealing eggs!
Inspecting their loot...The prize ticket line- over a hundred tickets were redeemed for various prizes and goodie bags to include stuffed bunnies, bendable oversized plush flowers, Hubba Bubba Max, Hot Wheels cars, Spiderman flip-flops and many more.

No comments: