Saturday, October 20, 2007

Halloween Madness...

Ok, so in case I didn't mention it before and for those of you who are wondering where I've been lately.... well, I've been up to my eyeballs in Halloween Madness! What were we thinking?! Having this crazy party!? Seriously, we're pretty pumped and excited about it, but even more so, it looks like a Halloween party store blew up in my house! I am finally starting to get some of the things off the counters, but now they're just in piles all over the floor! And when I told my husband this week that I would be sitting at Open Houses both Saturday and Sunday this weekend, I thought he was just going to die! Who would have thought he'd be rained in the past two weekends?! Fortunately, mom and dad agreed to take the kids for the day and overnight too! So that should help!! Now, Tony can try to get some yard work and clean up done too! And we can all cross our fingers for good weather next Saturday too! But, just in case, that means we really need to clean out the garage and basement anyway!

Ok, so what else is there really? Well, I've been "making" signs to hang in the woods, around the house, just anywhere we decide to hang them really... and working on what we're going to do for ghosts in the trees, maybe even a pinata?! I bought those punch ball balloons and thought we'd just put some white sheets over them and hang them from the trees, but of course the kids thought it'd be more fun to blow them all up and start punching them- and within a day or two, they've lost their air- so when do I hang them, really? The other thought is to use one or two to paper mache and turn into a ghost pinata- but don't hold your breath on that one as I haven't started that project yet! And I still have to seriously deep clean the house, at least dust and scrub the toilets for Pete's Sake! It probably wouldn't hurt to vacuum too.... But first you have to pick up enough to find the things to dust and the floor to vacuum, and then hope that it will stay picked up at least until the party. So many things to do, but the timing has to be just right or else I'll have to do it all over again and that would be just plain silly!! Oh, I did I mention the 9 pumpkins I'm going to carve?! I'm excited about that, but again.... if we do it too early, they'll rot and won't be any good by Saturday.... it's all in the timing! And who says we can't participate in the carving contest?! Bummer!!

As it stands right now, I think we're around 50 positive RSVP's!! Who would have thought?! Now I've got to figure out where to put everyone, schedule the events, organize the partylines- yes, Pampered Chef, Premeir Designs and Simply Fun will all be represented and making deals, and figure out what we need and how to display it all!! And don't forget the food!! I've asked everyone to bring a side dish- we're going to serve brats and dogs and I've started stocking up on some drinks.... we even made our own fun water bottle labels for the event! And of course to promote my Real Estate habit!! Do you think 72 bottles of water on the wall will be enough?!

I hope that gives you just a glimpse into my reality for the moment and will try to keep you updated as the week goes by.... sorry no pictures today as I'm at an Open House and forgot my camera too. Fortunately, you can see- there's always something to do!! :O)

No comments: