Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Our Halloween Bash!







They say that a picture's worth a thousand words... in this case the pictures only begin to tell the story! We absolutely could not have asked for a better day for our party! And the turn out was astronomical! There were times early on when I had to calm my husband down of course, as everyone did not promptly arrive right at 4pm! "Hello," I said, "the parking sucks! They have to walk 1/2 a mile to get here and then all the way up our driveway! Give them a minute to get here and then catch their breath!" And they just kept coming and coming! It was great! As we reflect, Anthony keeps telling us still that his favorite part of the day was diving for apples! And that's no joke, he was literally diving for apples- soaked to the bone and had an absolute blast!! I think he was diving for everyone elses apples too! And people keep asking how many people showed up? But I really have no idea! From the costume contest line up picture, I think I counted about 42 kids, but many were hidden behind others and cut off at the ends and some, like my daughter, were not even up there! Plus we had the parents and families and everyone else too! The kids decorated their treat bags and set out into the woods to trick or treat from the parents who were strategically placed throughout the trails for candy galore! Then we made it up to the tree house for the bonfire and s'mores and a skeleton scavenger hunt, in which we're still somehow missing some bones?! And the fireman's pole was a huge hit!! I can't believe how they lined up to go down it again and again! Go Tony!! (Aka: Captain Jack!) And if I do say so myself, what a hot pirate he was!! Ooo la la! :O)
Thanks again to everyone who came and shared in the fun! We look forward to doing it all over again next year! But first, we'll have to start planning again for our 2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt!! At last check, I think we had nearly 5000 plastic eggs to fill and hide.........

No comments: